AMMA™ CROWN MEASURING GUIDE
Follow the steps below to measure your crown for choosing the correct size Compression Cap and Cooling Wrap. You will need a non-stretching measuring tape. Alternatively, you can use a non-stretchable piece of string and a ruler. Measurements will be made in inches.
- Remove all extensions, braids, buns, ponytails, or weaves so that your natural hair lays flat against your scalp. Additionally, remove any clips, barrettes, bobby pins or headbands.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the most prominent parts of your head. Start approximately ¼ inch above the eyebrows and move the tape towards the back of your head so that sits it approximately one pinky width above the ears. The tape should lay on the back of the head where the head slopes up from the neck.
- Connect the two ends of the measuring tape at the forehead.
- With the measurement ends pinched together, lift the tape off your head, keeping a tight connection.
- Write down the measurement and select which Cooler Heads size best corresponds to your measurement:
Small: Less than 21 ¾”
Medium: 21 ¾” – 22 ¾”
Large: Greater than 22 ¾”
- Cooler Heads recommends that you measure your head at least two times to check for accuracy.